Monday 23 June 2014

Swamp Tour


On our way out of New Orleans we stopped at Honey island to have a swamp tour. I will not lie, before we got there I was freaking out and for some reason in my head we were going to be in some canoe sized boat where the alligators were going to jump and eat me but thankfully that's not what happened. However, the boat actually sat about 30 people and had railing so as long you had your hands and fingers inside at all times, you're not losing any body parts! The guide took us out on the boat, then stopped and the alligators swim up to be fed, so it's a bit like a murky sea world even though the guide was trying to tell us these alligators are not trained! What was interesting was to see that people had houses right on top of the bayou with children's play equipment in the back yard which I thought was a bit dangerous considering people have built their house right on top of the alligator's! What I also learned was that Mosquitos do not come out during the day because dragonflies and birds eat them, so I smothered myself in bug spray for nothing. Enjoy my alligator selfies :) x-x



No comments:

Post a Comment