Friday 27 June 2014

Santa Fe


The next day we travelled to Santa Fe, stopping in Roswell to visit the UFO museum. We paid $2 to get in (far too much) though it was meant to be $5 for what can only been described as a middle school science project. Although, I did learn some new stuff so I can't be too harsh! We then made our way to Santa Fe, which I've added to my list of favourite cities. I had no idea what to expect from Santa Fe but it's actually a really cool, laid back city that reminded me of Sedona. As a city Santa Fe actually has rule that all of their buildings have to be painted a shade of brown to keep in line with the authenticity of the city, which is very much centred around its history regarding the struggle between the Native American and Spanish as to who ruled Santa Fe and these influences can be seen clearly in the architecture. I visited the church of st Francis, the museum of contemporary Native American art and browsed round the shops because much like New Orleans the shops are more boutiques than mainstream fashion shops. For dinner we went to a Tex Mex restaurant as Santa Fe is famous for this type of food. I had a chalupa, which I had never heard of before but it's basically a flat taco with a layer of refried beans, chicken, lettuce, tomato and onion, topped with guacamole and it was the nicest Mexican food ever! We also decided we should probably have margaritas while we were there and for some reason I thought it was wise to order 'the swirl' which was a frozen margarita mixed with sangria which was really nice but I now understand why there was a limit of 2 frozen margaritas per person! x-x

No comments:

Post a Comment